The TDHCA Board convened their monthly board meeting on March 26, 2020. This was TDHCA’s first virtual board meeting, which was authorized by Executive Order of the Governor to allow for state business to continue for the time being. Here is a summary of the board actions:
- The Board passed the resolution recognizing April as Fair Housing Month.
- All items on the Consent agenda was approved except for item 1e.
- Item 1e: Staff presented the 2020-2024 State of Texas Consolidated Plan. Staff added language to the Consolidated Plan allowing waivers to the plan/program rules by the Governor in response to a state or federal disaster declaration. See changes on page 274, 275, and 289. These changes were approved by the board.
- The public comment period for the draft Consolidated Plan will be held Monday, April 6 through Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
- The one public hearing for the Consolidated Plan is scheduled to take place as follows: Thursday, April 16, 2020, beginning at 2 p.m., Austin local time via GoToWebinar – https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8678557833869544717
- The board accepted the State Auditor’s Office audit of the TDHCA’s Financial Statement.
- The board approved an amendment increasing the funding for the Colonia Self-Help Center Program Contact with El Paso County by $350K per EARAC recommendation.
- The board approves the issuance of a multifamily note and corresponding determination notice for The Reserves at San Marcos Apartments.
- The board granted the TDHCA Executive Director authority to extend deadlines for the QAP, MF Revenue Bond Rules, MF Direct Loan Rule, and related NOFAs without board action. The authority granted is temporary and related to the Covid-19 Crisis; however, no end date was determined.
- The board approved waivers to Home and Homelessness Program amendment to use general funds for Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) for disaster response. The agency would use outreach to Community Action Agencies to distribute funds to households in need.
- The board approved the use of 2019 and 2020 CSBG funds to help Texans impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Total reallocated funds are $1,477,993 and these funds are flexible in their use.
- The board granted the TDHCA Executive Director authority to grant extensions or waivers of certain provisions of Community Affairs Programs to distribute funds more rapidly for disaster response.
The next TDHCA meeting will be April 23rd, 2020. Time and location/virtual meeting to be determined.