TAAHP Scholarship Committee
- The Scholarship Committee will serve as a standing committee of TAAHP.
- The Scholarship Committee shall oversee the awarding of the TAAHP Scholarship. The committee will be comprised of an odd number of members, with a minimum of 5 members. The committee chairperson shall be a TAAHP board member.
- The Scholarship Committee may make additional recommendations to the TAAHP Board regarding scholarship criteria and rules from time to time as needed.
- The committee may appoint reviewers to review threshold requirements of scholarship applications in the event an excessive number of applications are received. The reviewers will make recommendations to the Scholarship Committee based upon those applicants who embody and exceed the threshold requirements. All final decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship recipients must reside at tax credit properties registered with TAAHP. TAAHP members may include eligible tax credit properties by providing the property name and address for each eligible property. Eligible properties may be added each year by providing the name and address additional properties to the TAAHP office. All scholarship-eligible listings will be placed on TAAHP’s website.
- Scholarship applications will be due no later than June 1, 2018. Awards will be made on or before June 30, 2018. The scholarship awardee(s) will be announced at the Texas Housing Conference July 23-25, 2018.
- In the event there are no viable candidates, the Scholarship Committee is not required to award a scholarship for that year and may choose award available scholarships in a future scholarship cycle.
- The TAAHP Scholarship shall be funded by proceeds from the Mike Lankford Annual Golf Tournament, scholarship fundraising efforts, or from general TAAHP funds as deemed appropriate by the Board.