NLIHC released a new report,”Tenant Protections and Emergency Rental Assistance during and beyond the COVID-19 Pandemic.” The report provides a descriptive analysis of new tenant protections and rental assistance-related policies enacted or implemented by states and local governments in 2021. The protections and policies examined in the report include:
- state and local eviction moratoriums,
- pauses on the eviction process to allow for ERA processing,
- mandates to increase information about ERA and limit tenant fees,
- increases to tenant representation during the eviction process, and
- protections that reduce discrimination and promote housing stability.