A dozen developers have been chosen by the Dallas Housing Authority to help reinvigorate residential properties across the city.
As reported by the Dallas Morning News, the city’s public housing authority announced in June that it was seeking proposals from developers for new uses for seven mixed-use and multifamily properties, located mainly in South and Central Dallas. The projects span 146 acres and 650 housing units.
The DHA has not decided which developers will tackle each project, the DMN added. However, the housing authority said it will work with the following partners:
- AMTEX Multi-Housing (TAAHP Member)
- Carleton Development (TAAHP Member)
- Fairfield Residential
- Matthews Southwest
- McCormack Baron Salazar (TAAHP Member)
- Michaels Development Co. (TAAHP Member)
- Ojala Partners
- Steele Properties (TAAHP Member)
- The NRP Group (TAAHP Member)
- Trammell Crow Co.
- Volunteers of America National Services
- A combined team of DFW Advisors, KRR Construction and Michael R. Coker Co.
Additional developers will also be vetted and added to the list, per the Morning News.
“We appreciate the willingness of these leading developers to form a public-private partnership to create more affordable housing across North Texas,” Troy Broussard, president and CEO for DHA, said in a prepared statement. “Our goal is to increase the amount of much needed affordable housing across the communities we serve.”
The first project the DHA plans to tackle is a 7-acre site at 630 S. Llewellyn St. in Oak Cliff, the DMN wrote. Formerly the site of Brooks Manor, the acreage is zoned for retirement housing.
The developer chosen for the Brooks Manor project will also have the opportunity to redesign Cliff Manor, another property in Oak Cliff at 2424 Fort Worth Ave., the Morning News reported.
According to the paper, other projects up for redevelopment include:
- Cedar Springs Place on Lucas Drive
- Cedar Springs Addition on Lucas Drive
- Little Mexico on Harry Hines Boulevard
- Rhoads Terrace on Pilgrim Drive
- Park Manor on Edgewood Street