TDHCA plans to hold three 2020 QAP roundtable meetings between March and June this year. Each roundtable will consist of at least two topics, and other divisions may be invited to seek stakeholder input at these meetings for their respective rules, such as Asset Management and Compliance Monitoring. Following those sessions, staff will then devote June and July to drafting the proposed revisions to the 2020 QAP. As in past years, staff will seek to release a staff draft in the late summer before presenting a draft to the Board for approval, and then moving into the official public comment period in the fall of 2019.
Possible topics discussed will include scoring and threshold items that pertain to extended affordability and preservation, rehabilitation costs, common amenities, development costs, and development construction features. Additional topics to be explored at the roundtable meetings include:
- Explore the possibility of including a ‘proximity to jobs’ scoring item to the QAP.
- Expand or revise the Underserved Area scoring items.
- Move additional sustainability/green building measures from threshold requirements to competitive scoring and further evaluate the items included.
- Review components of the QAP, 10 TAC Chapter 10, and 10 TAC Chapter 13 that speak to the Department’s efforts to preserve existing affordable housing.
- Development Costs and Tax Credit/Unit Benchmarks
For more information, click here.
Open Items for Public Comment:
- Texas Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice – closes May 6th, 2019
- Proposed update to NSP1 Substantial Amendment – closes May 13th, 2019
- Proposed new rule to 10 TAC 1.24 Information Security and Privacy Requirements – Closes June 10th, 2019
- Proposed new rule at 10 TAC, Chapter 10, Subchapter H, Income and Rent Limits – Closes June 10th, 2019
- 2020 and 2021 CSBG State Application and Plan – closes June 10th, 2019
- 2020 LIHEAP State Plan – closes June 10th, 2019