On August 14, The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) posted its preliminary draft of the 2024 Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP). This document may be found here: https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/multifamily/docs/24-QAP-DRAFT.pdf
TDHCA’s Rules Committee met on August 15 to discuss the preliminary draft. For over three hours, TDHCA board members, staff and industry professionals discussed potential QAP changes. Main discussion topics included;
- Returns made to the USDA and At-Risk set asides.
- Scattered Sites definition
- Automatic award to the top scoring application in an urban subregion with a county of 300,000+ people that proposes to provide a high-quality pre-kindergarten program and associated educational space.
- Opportunity Index – Rural Subregions
- Reinstating Readiness to Proceed
- Cost-per-square foot
- Notification of Public Officials
- Developer Experience Points
- State Tax Credits Program Guidelines
A subsequent draft of the QAP, with variations from the posted version, will be posted no later than Monday, September 4, 2023, for Board action at the next TDHCA Governing Board meeting scheduled for September 7. That draft will be presented for consideration and possible action to approve publication in the Texas Register. That will establish the official public comment period and comment will be accepted again at that time.
Summary of 2024 QAP Development Activities