Webinar: Multifamily Environmental Requirements – the Essentials
January 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Provided by: the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
Date: January 23, 2019
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 CST
Who Should Attend? Development Teams, Environmental Professionals, Consulting Firms
Training Objectives: This is a one hour overview containing essential information for the Developer and Environmental Professional alike to help streamline processes, keep projects on track and ensure a project’s eligibility for funding.
What Are Some Of The Items Covered In This Webinar?
- Know the differences in environmental requirements between the various Direct Loan funds (NHTF, HOME, NSP and TCAP) as well as the requirements of 811 PRA.
- Is there a difference? Yes, yes there is, don’t get caught short.
- Are there certain elements within these types of reviews that could make a project ineligible for that particular fund? Yes
- Changes are coming in 2019 to the environmental process, be ready and keep your project moving smoothly.
- Have you encountered the new mitigation section in the Housing Contract System? Come find out the purpose and impact of this new component on your project
- HEROS is rolling out for “Partners” now and will be mandatory as of June 2019 for Texas so be prepared! (Partners include For-profit, Non-profit and/or consulting/environmental firm)
HUD held a webinar discussing access and procedures for Partners who will be utilizing HEROS. The webinar occurred in December and has not yet been posted to the HUD Exchange Website. Stay tuned and staff will relay when this does occur.
For questions about Environmental Review and Clearance, contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about Davis-Bacon labor issues or resident relocation, contact email@example.com
For questions about HUD Section 3 – Economic Opportunities for Low-Income Persons, contact firstname.lastname@example.org