The public is invited to review the HUD Performance Report Draft FY 2018-19 CAPER from now through December 6, 2019.
The CAPER is an end-of-year document required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to assess the city’s progress and performance on federally funded activities for affordable housing, community development, economic development and public services.
According to city leaders, the CAPER specifically reports on to its federally funded activities during FY 2018-19, and the achievement of its overall strategies, objectives, and priorities outlined in the FY 2014-19 Consolidated Plan.
The HUD Performance Report draft document is available on NHCD’s web site and at the following community locations:
- Austin Central Public Library, 710 W. Cesar Chavez Street (Central)
- Austin Resource Center for the Homeless (ARCH), 500 East 7th Street (Central)
- East Austin Neighborhood Center, 211 Comal Street (East)
- Neighborhood Housing and Community Development, 1000 East 11th Street, Suite 200 (East)
- Rosewood-Zaragosa Neighborhood Center, 2800 Webberville Road (East)
- St. John’s Neighborhood Center, 7500 Blessing Avenue (North East)
- AIDS Services of Austin, 7215 Cameron Road (North)
- Housing Authority of the City of Austin, 1124 S IH 35 (South)
- South Austin Neighborhood Center, 2508 Durwood Street (South)
- Southeast Branch Library, 5803 Nuckols Crossing Rd. (South)
Written comments are accepted until 5 p.m. on Dec. 6, 2019. Please include a name, address, and phone number.
You can mail your comments to:
Neighborhood Housing and Community Development Department
Attn: FY 2018-19 CAPER
P.O. Box 1088
Austin, Texas 78767
For additional information, call the NHCD Office at 512-974-3100 (voice).
The city will submit this report to HUD prior to December 29, 2019. Successful acceptance by HUD allows for continued receipt of annual grant entitlement funds under Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Programs, Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).